female einstein

i guess i can never be considered a vain person at all.  true, i take forever in the shower, but getting dressed i do in a flash.  afterwards, i simply run my fingers through my wet hair as i go to the car then comb in front of my window once i get off.

i remember one time when i was at my parents' place, i overheard my mama in telling my niece, "you're just like your aunt!"

excitedly i ask, "in what ways are we alike?"

my mama in's reply erases the smile on my face, "'yung suklay nang umaga hanggang gabi na..."  ->  your combing in the morning already takes you through the day.  uh-oh, not a very good grooming model this aunt here  : }

this afternoon, i've crossed three time zones when i felt the need to go to the lavatory.  upon entering the cubicle, was i horrified to see a female einstein me in the mirror!  all the static in the plane has set my hair going in all directions in the most unflattering ways!  i wouldn't mind imitating the scientist brain-wise but hair-wise?!  yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment