huh?!

the e-mails i received last week bordered on the surreal.



a classmate from high school sent me info on singapore including figures showing it's population as 7% indian.



i share with her that my masteral studies is actually international studies, area studies southeast asia.  i also tell her that "the point of the blog is that we have mind sets and sometimes we end up ruling out certain possibilities because we're focusing on something else.  when someone said singaporean, the immediate picture that came to mind was that of a chinese-looking fellow and recollection of an indian guy was not top of mind."



she responds by asking whether i have to brag about my educational background and tells me not to insult her by explaining what the blog is about.



huh?!  oh... my... goodness... : }



before that there were these e-mails from a cousin in the US.  he was checking on the laptop he sent me and i tell him that i couldn't make it work.



he asks me whether i plugged it.  huh?!  why should i do that?!  joke!  i did.  duh!



he fires off another e-mail asking whether i turned it on.  huh?!  i have to do that?!  i'm rolling in laughter here!!!  of course, i did!!!



some questions are just totally unexpected... they boggle the mind, ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment