something pleasant : )

it just occurred to me that i've twice blogged about unpleasant road experiences.  i'd like now to close the triad by blogging about a pleasant road trip.



i was in subic this weekend and we passed through the recently opened SCTEX (Subic, Clark, Tarlac Expressway).  wooh!  good road  : )



the last time i was in subic was years back and i don't really remember anymore how we got there and all but, however we did, i am sure it pales in comparison with last weekend's journey.



my officemate who was driving kept on spouting good words about the road.  he should know, he was driving.  me, i was doubly pleased -> i was a mere passenger this time (i really  now appreciate being one, having often felt like a cab driver this last year.).  i could close my eyes, look around, move this way and that.



this afternoon, one of our contractors texted me asking about my criteria for a life companion.  i texted him back a few.  i said, "gusto ko maitim (ang kutis, hindi ang budhi), mabait, malambing, hindi nagsisinungaling, hindi umiinom, hindi nagsisigarilyo, hindi nagsusugal, hindi nambababae at may oras para sa akin  : )"



there's supposed to be more, actually, had the medium not been text  ; )



another criterion would be that the guy would make an effort to fetch me and take me home even if i have my own car.  i've actually come across a couple of guys who seem to have forgotten that i expect to be treated like a lady (pampered like a princess, ha-ha) even if i have a car.  they just let me go on my own, confident that i can be left to my own devices.  ugh!  just because i can go it alone does not mean i want to go it alone.  it's always nice to have someone take care of you, you know.



i treasure in my heart up to now the gentlemanly thought of two of my batchmates.  on separate occasions, both have offered to accompany me on my drive home, our respective cars on convoy.  i declined the offers, it would have meant they'd be going to and fro, but i deeply appreciate the thought.  i am really thankful and am looking forward to more of their kind  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment