wanting and having

my MyMiniLife gift car brought to mind a somewhat similar real-life occurrence.

my ex and i were at Holiday Inn when we saw a Pajero Jr. at the parking area. i went, 'how cute!' and we checked the vehicle all over.

it was my first time to see such a small pajero and i must have gone on to gush about it even when we were already in the car.

some days later, as my ex and i were driving along C5, his phone rings and he excitedly tells me, 'babe, the pajero you like is already available. let's go check it out.'

i was like, 'huh?!'

he was going to buy one for me, just like that!

i very firmly turned it down, saying if he buys it, i will never ever use it.

my ex was downhearted. i was actually tempted to change my stand but i stuck to it.

things are not always that simple. just because i like something, does not mean i have to have it. some things you just have to forego...

No comments:

Post a Comment