german

yesterday i blogged about french.  now let me blog about deutsch  : )

years back, a friend called me up at the office.  her call landed at my boss's room, as in, right on his desk, an arm's length away from where he was seating.  i don't remember anymore why i didn't transfer but i do remember that, to keep the talk private, my friend and i conversed in german.  ok, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

after we hung up, i thanked my boss and was making my way out of the room when... he made some remarks in german!  huh?!  yikes!  i find out later that he was a scholar of some german institution.  he understood every single word of the trivial, shallow, girlie stuff my friend and i talked about!  aaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!  so embarrassing!!!

moral of the story:  some people know more than you think they do.  think twice before you assume otherwise...

No comments:

Post a Comment