going beyond the visible

yesterday as i was walking out of our building, an officemate greeted me with, "ang sexy talaga!"

i was initially flattered and then subsequently puzzled.  what on earth was he talking about???  i was all covered up!  my blouse, nothing form-fitting, was up to my neck, and my pants, although not at all loose, was far from skin-tight either.  could he be humoring me?  he seemed serious.

i remember a similar incident.  months after we broke up, an ex-boyfriend suddenly called me up.  i asked what made him call.  he tells me his friend saw me and told him, "ang sexy pala nu'n?"

i burst out laughing and teased him, "why?  didn't you notice?"  ha-ha-ha

anyway, i ask where his friend saw me.  he said at the bus.  i asked what i was wearing.  he said jeans and polo.  hmmm... i remember that.  i was wearing denims and a loose polo shirt, as in, really loose.  and the denims were not at all tight.

i don't understand.  me, i like sexy and all but there has to be some flesh visible.  you're all covered up, nothing figure-hugging, and i wouldn't think sexy at all.  i guess men are really wired differently.  i suppose they imagine things.  or maybe they see beyond the clothes???  yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment