special

a long-time friend texted me birthday greetings yesterday (so early!!!), noted that his mom and i have the same birthday, and surmised that that is probably why i am very special in his heart.  now, for years, whenever i come across the word special, egg immediately comes to mind, ha-ha.  yup, egg as in chicken eggs.  this stems from the porridge sold all over where if you want it special they'll add an egg.

so i texted back saying, 'special?  so there's an egg.  but i'm female, so they're in my ovaries.'

i got back a puzzled reply!  he didn't seem to know about the special - egg association.  all the while i thought it was prevalent...

i turned to my officemate and related the exchange.  she laughs and tells me my friend was probably thinking, 'what on earth is this cynthia talking about?! eggs in ovaries???'  she said my friend could now in turn be thinking sperms and whatever.  huh?!  yikes!!!

i right away text my friend explaining the special - egg association.  he finally gets it and texts back that if an egg makes something special then there should be two so 'twill be super-special.  ooops!  ha-ha-ha.

oh, well, at least everything has been settled fine.  whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment