take a break

my phones weren't within hearing distance from me for a big chunk of the day and when i finally got to check them, i had 2 messages on one and 5 messages and a missed call on the other.  i don't know what got into me but the missed call alarmed me : }  this is from a guy who's been texting me for a while but has never really once called, at least on a weekend.  i called back worried something was not quite right.  guess what?  he so coolly asks me something about work that is not the least bit urgent!  grrrr!!!  i was like, what the... stop thinking about work on weekends! i hung up.

i've reminded this guy about work-life balance several times already.  he wouldn't listen.  last night he texted me non-urgent work past 11 pm!  ugh!

i like to say that even God rested on the seventh day.  the lesser beings that we are, i think we should follow His lead.  we all need time to relax, to recharge, to clear the mind.  otherwise, we might lose steam midway and end up accomplishing much less than we possibly could...

No comments:

Post a Comment