falling into place

i drove my mom and my aunts to the moviehouse this afternoon.  the same place where my batchmates and i watched a movie last saturday.  the classmate who has seen fewer movies than i have crossed my mind... and i thank our lucky stars i brought my cell phones that day otherwise we wouldn't have been able to hook up.

i was supposed to meet my high school buddy and her son, my godchild, that day.  upon setting the schedule, i sent an e-mail to our high school e-group saying everyone is welcome to join our get-together.  a classmate sent e-mail saying he would come if he does not forget.  (i didn't remind him and apparently he did forget, ha-ha.)  another said he'd be coming, too.

so meeting was 3 pm.  i arrived on the dot.  my buddy and her son, together with her sister and niece and nephew, were already there and they've just ordered lunch.  they said they had a late breakfast so are having lunch just at 3 pm.  i didn't anymore eat as i was just at another godchild's birthday party lunchtime.

after eating, the teens roamed around supposedly to go shopping.  we stayed behind at the restaurant for some adult buddy talk:  about life, about loves  ->  past and future, no present, ha-ha.  4 pm we joined the teens in their (window) shopping.  all along, i had my phones with me so my dear friend who was going to join us would know where we are.

my friend arrived past 5 pm and told me that a classmate told her another classmate was supposed to be joining us at the restaurant.  ooops... we left the restaurant 4 pm!  yikes!  it was already 5:15!  we went back to the venue but saw no one.  i texted her source about our situation and the source replied she didn't say the classmate was going.  she said the classmate actually has just recovered from sickness.  oh, ok.  sigh of relief.  we therefore proceeded to the venue where we were supposed to watch a movie.

while waiting for the movie, we decided to go to starbucks.  when i plopped my bag on the table, i heard a familiar sound, beyonce's check on it.  i moved my ear to my bag asking, "is that my phone?"  i'm not used to having my phones with me roam-around time, you see.  well, yup, the sound was coming from my bag, from my phone.  and, i had 6 missed calls and 3 text messages!  uh-oh.  they're all from the classmate who was supposed to have just recovered from sickness.  she was asking where we are.  she was at the restaurant.  eh?  it was close to 7 pm!  i started wondering what meeting time i wrote in the e-mail i sent out.  it's supposed to be 3 pm.  i tell her we're at starbucks and will be going inside the theater in a few minutes.  she follows us to the place... and watches the movie with us.  her first since 2004.  aaawww.  isn't that nice?

i was just thinking everything seemed to have fallen into place.  had my dear friend gone to the meeting place with me, which she usually does except for that day when she had to attend to something first, i would not have brought my phones with me.  i would have left them in the car as i usually do.  had i done that, my classmate wouldn't have been able to locate us and not seen her first movie in 4 years.  hmmm... hmmmm... hmmmm... yup, everything does work together in ways we don't really expect... some blessings indeed come in disguise...

No comments:

Post a Comment