absent

i blogged just last week that i don't want to be absent so early in the new year and here i am today on sick leave from the office  : }

i just felt sooo tired this morning all i wanted was to stay in bed.  i wasn't able to rest this weekend as, in addition to mass, i attended, too, two parties and tackled over a month's laundry : }

it's not really the washing that gets me, it's the hanging part.  i simply soak my laundry in detergent overnight, drain, soak in plain water a few hours, drain again, soak again a couple of hours, and then... the tiring part  ->  hang.  i don't spin.  neither do i squeeze or dry.  i like to hang them dripping wet.

i normally would just skip other activities whenever i do laundry but the parties were for two of my closest friends.   my own party i skipped (yup, i was a no-show), but these two, i could not not attend.  super-effort if i must.

from the laundry hanging last saturday, i just rested a bit, took a shower and then went to pick up a cake.  now, i take hour-long showers.  my grandmother used to say i shampoo one by one every littlest strand of hair on my body, ha-ha-ha.  combine that with distance (i was coming from my place) and traffic and for the first time ever, i wasn't able to get to the bakeshop before closing!  they close at 7 pm, i got there 20 minutes late.  i texted them that i was running late and they oh so graciously allowed me to instead pick up the cake at the house beside the shop.  i am soooooo thankful.

sunday when i picked up the cake for the second party, this time, my best friend's (the saturday one was for my dear friend's daughter), i made sure i was there early.  they close at 5 pm sundays, i left the house 3 pm.  OA actually as this time i was coming from my parents' place which was way nearer than my origin last saturday.

anyway, this afternoon, i received a call from my best friend.  what do you know, she, too, was absent from the office  : }  she said she felt soo exhausted when she woke up this morning.  and why not?  she was out of town on official business thursday, came back late sunday morning, yet still had her party sunday evening.  i was telling a batchmate had it been me i wouldn't party anymore.

oh, well... at least, we were able to rest today.  i'll be expending energy on work and not on parties the rest of the week ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment