of love and pork rinds

my friend and i went to a birthday dinner last night. we were ushered to the house by the help, who told us the birthday celebrator was still taking a shower while his wife, my best friend, was still getting dressed.

my friend and i therefore went straight to the dining area to put down the cake we brought. there we were greeted by the dinner spread among which were pork slabs with what seemed like the crunchiest of rinds. yummy!!! i told my friend i was oh-so-tempted to rip off a piece. she told me to go ahead. i said we should wait for the celebrator.

so we were at the dining table, talking and waiting and talking, and every now and then i'll sigh to my friend how much i wanted the pork rind already. ugh! she'd always just tell me to go ahead and take a bite, i'd always just tell her we should wait for the couple. the longer we waited, the sillier i felt what with this intensifying craving for this something which was right in front of me but i couldn't have. well, actually, i could have it but it didn't seem right to be munching off without even greeting the celebrator first.

after what seemed like forever, the househelp went upstairs. apparently, she told the couple my friend and i have been waiting downstairs. from the dining area, we heard, 'they're there already?!!! waiting???!!! why didn't you tell us?!'

down came rushing my best friend and her husband, apologizing for the wait, saying they themselves were also waiting for us to arrive. the husband said he was thinking my dear friend was probably going to arrive midnight again. (my friend has irregular work hours and it's not unusual for her to finish her assignments late night.)

then we all sat down together for the dinner and i finally got to take a bite of the pork rind. goody-good!!! it seemed doubly delicious giving heightened satisfaction what with the delay. it was worth the wait and i was sooo happy : )

i pray the love i've been waiting for will be like that, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment