princess

my office 'bed'



i slept at the office last night --- this morning, rather. i went to 'bed' around 4 am and was awakened by a text message close to 7 am : }

my 'bed' was made up of four chairs put together side by side and when i woke up my body was aching here and there, ugh!

i told my officemate it reminded me of princess and the pea. he didn't know about it so i told him.

there was a prince who was looking for a wife. his wife had to be a princess, a real princess. as a test, they put a pea under several mattresses placed one on top of the other. so supposed princesses slept on these mattresses and morning they'd be asked how their sleep was. this one and that said they slept well. until someone arrived who, after having spent the night on these mattresses, woke up in the morning with body aches saying there seemed to be something underneath the cushions which made her sleepless. well, it was the tiny pea and she passed the princess test as princesses are supposed to have the softest of bodies sensitive to the slightest of discomforts.

my officemate's reaction made me chuckle: 'does that mean you are a princess?'

huh?! ha-ha-ha.  if i were then where is my prince? ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment