right here

i was in a meeting this afternoon when my phone rang.  i couldn't hear the caller so i went out of the room.  outside, i uttered the caller's name and one of her staff told me, 'she's inside...'  (the caller's office is just beside the boardroom where the meeting was being held.)

i peeked at her office, and there she was.  we both were surprised to see each other.  she said she thought i was at some other meeting.  i said i thought she was at the other building.  we continued our conversation in person...

last month, i texted a supplier to call me.  right after sending the message, he suddenly popped up in front of me.  i didn't know he was coming over : }

and then last year, i received a text from my mom:  'it's already late.  what time are you coming home?  don't stay out too late'

ooops.  i've been long in bed when she sent that text, in the bedroom just a room away from theirs.  i did not anymore go to my parents' room when i arrived as their lights were already out.

following morning my mom and i were laughing at how we could miss each other in such an ultra-mini 'mansion' of a house, ha-ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment