valentine baby

we had our valentine celebration at the office today.  we all ate out together for lunch; we had games; we exchanged gifts; we had a mr. and miss valentine : )

yesterday, we drew lots on who our 'baby' for the day will be.  hearts were cut in half; the guys picked from the first set of halves; the girls, from the second.  after that, you had to find your half heart's other half.  whoever completed your heart would be your valentine baby.  you're supposed to take care of him/her for the day.

days back, i said i really hope i won't have any meeting this friday.  i was wondering how my partner could take care of me if i am not around.  an officemate said, he could just send me text messages.  another said, he could attend my meeting with me and there he'd prepare me coffee, etc., ha-ha-ha

luckily, i didn't have any meeting today.  i'd say my partner was well taken care of by me.  last night i went to the grocery and bought eight different items for him to snack on every hour.  just little things:  bread and crackers and cookies, a chocolate bar, chips, nuts.  he, however, did not baby me at all, waaah!!!  the other 'couples' were sweet and caring.  he just kept on smiling : }

this morning, my officemate was on the phone with a supplier and he told me the guy was asking whether he could take my partner's place and he'd just be the one to take care of me for the day.  i just laughed it off.  on hindsight, i should have taken the offer.  ooops, just kidding mike.  even if you neglected me today, hu-hu-hu, i'd still like to thank you for being my partner.  next year be sweet, ok  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment