hectic

i made four commitments for friday and saturday and, with much effort, managed to honor every single one of them. i am very happy... and was very tired : }  tired but happy  ->  not that bad...

first was a commitment to give preferential attention to a certain project. second was a promise to my niece that i'll be attending her school concert. third was a best-effort commitment to a high school best friend to attend his birthday party.  all three notwithstanding the fourth commitment, i.e., a much earlier scheduled office outing, postponed to accommodate my niece's concert which later was likewise moved to a date coinciding with the re-scheduled office outing. ugh! talk about tough luck!

my officemates wanted to re-schedule the outing again to again accommodate the also re-scheduled concert. i said don't, promising to follow them out of town. then last minute, i caught them talking of a change in venue to someplace nearer so it would be easier for me to follow. so sweet. i, however, stood firm in saying i don't want to be messing with what has been set and gave my word that i will show up, no matter how hard, no matter how late.

friday 5 pm was the music fest. my niece was going to sing; my nephew, going to play bass. i couldn't leave the office earlier because the priority project might require certain actions from my office up to 5 (even beyond, actually. but at least if we are not able to attend to them after 5:00, that is understandable. if before 5:00, ah, ah... that would be baaad : })

i was supposed to have a meeting at 2 pm and when the staff called to remind me about it, i told her to tell the other attendees i'll pass as i have to be at my office the whole afternoon. an hour later, she calls again. she said the attendees were asking whether they could transfer to my office so i can be present. huh?! ha-ha-ha. muhammad and the mountain came to mind. ok. come over. LOL!

after 5, i rushed to the music fest venue. i arrived just in time for my niece's number. take pics, take videos. then wait for my nephew's turn. pics and videos again. after his number, i dashed off to my parents' place to leave my car. i did not finish the concert anymore.

at my parents' house, i felt hungry so i squeezed in a quick dinner before hurriedly taking public transportation to get to quezon province where my officemates were for our office outing. the journey was a test of patience and perseverance, aaaargh!!!

i did not want to drive to quezon nighttime so i got directions for a public commute. well, what do you know, after rushing my dinner, it turns out it would take close to an hour before the bus i was supposed to take passed by the road where i was waiting. ugh! i was on the verge of tears already. all i had to do was make a phone call and i'd be happy BUT...

so i tried, very, very hard, to muster enough willpower to get through the ordeal. it was something new to me. alone, nighttime, standing a long time along an unfamiliar busy road, so many people not one of whom i know, waiting for this bus i've never seen which was supposed to take me to this place i've never been.

finally, a bus with sign board infanta arrived. it wasn't the orange bus i was told i should wait for but i took my chance and asked whether it would pass by club manila east in quezon province. someone said yes so i hopped in and was surprised to see that it was full. yikes! i asked the conductor how long it will take to get to my destination. he said three hours. i was like, 'huh?! i'll be standing for 3 hours?!' he said some passengers are sure to get off earlier and i could take a seat by then. waaah!

i wanted to get off. but then i thought it would be better to stand on the bus traveling to quezon than stand on the road waiting for a bus that will take me to quezon. so remain i did. good thing all i had with me was my regular shoulder bag. unlike the other passengers, my bulky stuff was with my officemates who left for the venue in private vehicles earlier.

then the conductor gave me a ticket. i asked how much the fare was and then got the amount from my wallet. but then, the conductor disappeared. ugh! i had to keep the money in my grip until he reappeared much later.

lo and behold, however, the guy to my left offered me his seat. i thought he was getting off already. i took it and then, yikes, the guy didn't get off until muuuuucccchhh farther. i felt soooo guilty. i mean, i like chivalry and all but this is public commute to a far place, i wouldn't mind guys keeping their seats to themselves. i felt more uncomfortable as i was the only female offered a seat in the bus. there were other females standing, other guys sitting, no one switched. after a while, i tugged at the guy's shirt and told him he could sit at my (originally his) seat's handrail. he declined and just smiled. hey, cute, ha-ha...

after a while, the woman beside me got off. the guy who offered me his seat and i therefore ended up sitting side by side in the space-deficient three-seater. i was sandwiched between a woman to my left and the guy to my right. every once in a while i'd glance at the guy and also catch him looking at me. hmmm... i half-expected him to get my name, he did not : } my fairy tale, movie-like notions were dashed, ha-ha-ha

almost midnight i got to club manila east. some of my officemates were sleeping already. the rest were still having a videoke session. i joined them... and crawled into bed past 4 am : }  a few hours later, i was awakened for breakfast. eat, roam, sing, eat. i did not go swimming. i don't like to soak myself wet when i'm tired or am lacking sleep. i just took a shower before we went back to the city. no public commute for me this time. rather, my officemate's very comfortable van. so travel, make a wrong turn here, a wrong turn there, get on track, travel on. finally we were back to home base : )

i slept a bit and then drove off 9:30 pm to attend the birthday party. this is something i normally would have skipped given my full day but then the celebrator was my high school best friend so i made an effort to show up. i have a self-imposed midnight curfew but i wasn't able to keep it this time. my friends and i left the party 1 am : }

i didn't feel it while partying but at my parents' place, the exhaustion suddenly surfaced so i tumbled into bed barely cleaning my face and brushing my teeth. i was just so pooped. sleep felt so glorious!

i thought i was going to sleep late into the day but 8:30 am i was awakened by a text message. waaaah!!! it was someone asking how i was. getting back from quezon i told him not to text as i was going to catch some sleep as i still would be attending a party. he complied. then morning he interrupts my sleep. aaargggh!

oh, well. he is mon ami (my friend) and i'm sure he means well. we exchanged a few messages then both went back to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment