wed, thu, fri, sat

i came from a meeting outside office last wednesday and, entering our building, the guard stopped me to hand over a large medallion saying it's for me from cagayan de oro.  i was like, 'huh?!  are you sure this is for me???'


the guard repeated it was for me from the head of our cagayan de oro office.


hmmm... my office did deploy something there sometime back but i don't really personally know anyone there nor do i think whatever we did merited a medallion, ha-ha-ha.


we have a new set of guards and they still do not know a lot of us at this point.  i told the guard, 'my surname is (my surname).  maybe that is for cynthia (other surname).'


he goes, 'ay, yes, ma'am, it is for ma'am (other surname).'


again?  i knew it.  LOL!  ; )


= = = = =


thursday my officemates and i went to a wake.  going there, we passed by a billboard showing a sexy female in purple leotards.  i ask who it is.  no one knew.  ok.


after having traveled awhile, i spotted another billboard, still far away, with another female in a red two piece.  i again ask who it is.  they knew and gave me the name.


nearing the billboard, i checked out the model (i was a passenger, not a driver).  one of my companions apparently noticed as she remarked, 'si boss, mahilig sa sexy.'


ooops, ha-ha-ha.  true.  i do like sexy.  i was reed-thin when i was young and i remember how rounded, shapely, fleshy types have caught my attention since then.  that's it, however, and nothing more.  i am 100% girlie girl.  i can't imagine being with someone other than a manly guy.


= = = = =


yesterday, i was in a very important meeting when i received a call asking me to go back to my office as there was an emergency in one of our projects.  whoa!  emergency!  i rushed downstairs.  guess what, it is something a bit urgent but not really an emergency, at least to me.


i told my officemate when i hear the word emergency blood and stuff come to mind.  same with the word serious, i think of ICU.  (the latter i picked up from a college professor.  it has stayed with me since.)  i associate these two words with danger to life or property.


anyway, we discussed the 'emergency' and then i received a text message reminding me that my office was needed in the testing being done at the other building.  ooops, yup.  i send two of my officemates to the place and continued the meeting on the 'emergency.'


and then an officemate calls me saying my boss wants me to go up to her office upstairs.  ugh!!!  so many things to attend to all at the same time!!!


i call my boss and tell her i am currently presiding over an 'emergency' meeting for this project, but i'm actually supposed to be at this other meeting for this other project, in addition i would have wanted to check out what's happening at the other building for still some other project.  i ask her whether we can just talk over the phone.  she says ok, thank heavens.


then back to my 'emergency' meeting.  plan a, plan b, this, that.  quickly wrap up.


i go back to the important meeting i left earlier.  for this project, everyone has been working so hard people are just so tired at times it seemed like we were not thinking straight anymore  : }   off statements punctuated the discussions followed by, 'i slept at 3 am,' 'i was up till dawn,' 'i haven't had a decent sleep since last week.'  ugh!


just before the meeting, the project manager was at my office and i was explaining to her something and at the end, she just gave me what seemed like a blank stare.  i go, 'hey, did you hear me?  did you understand what i was saying?'


she says, 'yes, yes.  sorry, i've had only two hours of sleep.'


uh-oh, that sounded like a no to me  : }


i've said so much and talked so long i told her i don't have the energy to repeat what i've just said.


she assures me she got everything.  hmmm... i certainly hope so...


we both go up to the important meeting.  in the course of the meeting, one of the attendees mentions a problem encountered by our personnel currently on training out of the country for still some other project.  ooops.  i'm supposed to be handling that.  well, someone else is the primary but he's so busy, too, so the tasks have been falling to me, i being the alternate.  right there and then i coordinate with this external agency and we're hoping everything will turn out fine.


= = = = =


today, saturday, i had planned to go to the office early but i woke up feeling not quite well. ( our regular workdays are only monday to friday btw. this is overtime. unpaid : } )


the unwell feeling actually suddenly surfaced after my important meeting yesterday.  it was so abrupt.  i was walking to the phone when i suddenly felt my eyes and the inside of my nose go warm.  i then felt a slight fever and colds started leaking out my nose.  (ooops, excuse me.)  the fever was gone by morning and the colds seem to be going away too.  i am blogging now but i'll rest after this and will just drive to the office after lunch.


i am looking forward to a restful weekend  ->  next week  : }

No comments:

Post a Comment