spoilsport

last saturday i was at the counter ordering my weekend pizza meal when my phone rang.  it was mon ami.  we talked and talked and talked then hang up when the pizza was ready.

the pizza comes with softdrinks.  now i don't take carbonated drinks so i gave the drink to the parking attendant.  guess what, he was waiving my fees!  i liked that but then i gave him the softdrinks without really expecting anything in return so i insisted on paying.

at the car, i rang mon ami excited to tell him about the parking attendant.  he wasn't picking up his phone.  so i drove away.  while driving, he rang me.  it was my turn not to pick up.  it was at the house when i called him back.  i told him i was calling earlier because i was excited to tell him a story.  i said the excitement has died down so never mind.

he wanted to hear anyway.  so relate the story i did.  i guess i should not have.  he tells me the parking attendant was waiving my fees not because i gave him softdrinks but because he enjoyed how i looked.  huh?!  goodness!

earlier when we were talking, he wanted to come over.  i objected saying i, uhm, 'wasn't dressed for company.'  i don't know what he visualized  : }

well, let me clarify:  i wasn't all covered up but i'd say my appearance could pass for decent.  i am convinced the attendant was waiving my fees because of the softdrinks and not because of my outfit.

talk about dampening my joy.  ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment