dog sense

i was at my best friend's place twice last night.

early evening i went there to drop off something. i presssed the doorbell but no sound came off. thinking it would be impossible for those inside to hear any calls from outside, i inserted my arm between the gate's railings intending to just throw the non-fragile item inside the garage. just as i was aiming at a safe spot, the help popped out the front door. perfect timing! i handed her the package then left.

upon arrival at my parents' place, i rang my best friend to tell her that i had dropped off something at her house. we talk awhile and ended up setting another meeting later in the night.

so from my parents' place, i again went back to her place. i was about to press the doorbell when the help again popped out the door. so timely!

so my best friend and i were at their house, uploading pics, talking, laughing, giggling, when their dogs suddenly started barking. she said, 'maybe that's xyz ...'

i didn't really pay attention. a while later, we hear the sound of a tricycle in front of their gate. she goes, 'that's xyz.'

then someone enters the house and she goes, 'see! it's xyz!'

i was like, 'huh?! how'd you know?' there's been some interval from the time she first mentioned the name to the time the guy actually walked in the door.

well, it's supposed to be the the dogs. she says they start barking whenever someone they know is about to arrive. she said the dogs went noisy prior to my arrival that's why the help was already at the door even before i pressed the bell. really?! i was inside a car! they were able to sense me from so far? i am impressed! it's not as if the person arrives right after the dogs bark. there is some interval, a considerable one.

my friend points out that the dogs are already quiet. she reminds me that it was only from the time they first sensed xyz to the time he actually arrived that the dogs were noisy. hmmm... true! she says that was the case with me, too.

she says further that you can tell from the barking of the dogs whether the arrivee is a 'good' one or 'not so good.' ooops... how was it with me?

she says the dogs' barking indicated that i'm a good arrivee.

gee, thanks... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment