don't sweat the small stuff

my simple curtain



from the time i moved in to the place in october 2000, i've always had floor-length curtains in my room. then two weeks ago, i changed my curtains to short ones, the ones that go just a few inches below the window pane. i was shopping around and decided to make my life easier a bit more by switching from long, heavy, layered curtains to short, light, single-piece ones.

already a week since i changed my curtains but mornings when i woke up, nighttime when i came home, i still felt like i was in a strange room whenever i saw my bedroom curtains. that was just ok. i knew that sometimes it really does take a while to get accustomed to things. by now actually, my room again feels home.

the thing is, up to now, i still am not that pleased with how my window looks. not sure whether i simplified too much; not sure i'd like to get used to it. so yesterday while shopping for a gift, i decided to also check out valances, nothing high maintenance yet something that could prettify my window. i looked around and looked around and looked around but did not find one that would match my curtains.

i am again supposed to buy another gift. i plan to go someplace else so i could check out a different set of valances. if after this i still don't find anything, i'll live with it. in the grand scheme of things, my curtains are just small stuff. no need to sweat them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment