give it time

i crawled into bed past 1 am of sunday.  this after spending overnight overtime work at the office friday through saturday and attending two parties saturday evening to midnight.  i was so pooped looking forward to a loooong, restful sleep but 8:20 am i was awakened by a text message.  it was someone with a 'good morning' and 'have a nice day' greeting.  the good intention was lost in my disrupted sleep, i dialed the texter right away intending to berate him. (ugh!  so unappreciative of me.)  he was not picking up.  i therefore just went downstairs to soak my laundry and put out the trash.  then i went back to bed.

11 am before entering the shower, i checked my phones.  it turns out the time i was downstairs he sent another message asking why i called.  my interrupted sleep again came to mind and i again dialed him intending to pick a quarrel, hahaha.  (i have so many times told him not to text me early on weekends!)  again, he was not picking up.  i took my shower, heard mass then went through my day forgetting about the interrupted sleep.

then this morning he calls my office then texts me asking whether i wasn't coming in as i was not yet at the office.  i told him i was at the other building.  hmmm... i wasn't mad anymore... actually even amused at the supposed cranky reaction i wasn't able to express yesterday.

i remember another time i was looking forward to precious sleep.  that time i again tumbled into bed past 1 am and guess what, he texts me at 2 am!  grrrr... i dialed his number in war-freak mode.  he wasn't picking up.  then morning he again texts me asking why i called.  i told him i was supposed to pick a fight with him because he woke me up at 2 am.  my anger has died down by then so i could already joke about my frustrated violent reaction.

well... looks like he's been getting lucky  ->  chancing upon the formula for our peaceful co-existence, hahaha.  it is simple, actually.  make yourself scarce when you think you've awakened me.  just disappear awhile until things simmer down and the following day your deed will already be seen as it really is, i.e., not really an offense but something to smile, not be angry, about...  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment