suggestive??? !!!

i have a daily supply of bananas at the office.  two a day.  nope, not free.  i pay.  it's the only fruit i like, actually.

yesterday, i was at a seminar at an outside venue practically the whole day.  it was already late afternoon when i arrived at the office.  there on my desk were my bananas.  i was going to eat them already but didn't get to because i had to discuss something first with my officemate.  turning around after our talk, i saw two contractors looking at me.  i asked why they're there.  they said they just dropped by.  oh, ok.

i went to my desk and they followed me.  we were just making small talk with me getting hold of the bananas intending to finally eat them when i saw an officemate waving, flailing her arms and making all sorts of gestures from the glass window.  i was talking with the two guys and i was wondering whether she could hear us or whether i was saying anything inappropriate.  i was consciously trying to analyze my every statement and could not see anything alarming about them.  finally, the guys left.

i went to my officemate to ask what she was trying to say.  guess what?  she said she was merely stopping me from eating bananas in front of the two guys.

huh?!  why???

she says it's suggestive.

another officemate agrees.

really???  it was my first time to hear that.

i've been eating bananas all my life.  i don't really remember anymore whether i've eaten them in front of guys.  i wouldn't be surprised if i have.  oh, well...

guys, let me issue this disclaimer:  if you see me eating bananas, it's not because i'm trying to imply or suggest anything.  to me they're simply bananas, nothing more.  don't go bananas over bananas, ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment