self-drive

the other night my parents and i went to a nephew's birthday party.  at the venue, my mom and dad got off, with my dad telling me to wait as he'd ask where i could park.  ok.  so he talked to the concierge then returned to the car giving me instructions on where to park.

ok, go straight, turn right, go down the bend, to the right is the carpark.  guess what, upon entry, the attendant told us only those 'waiting' could park in the area.

what do you mean 'waiting'?

the driver would have to stay in the car.

huh?!  i am the driver.  i, too, will be attending the party.

then you should have it valet-parked, ma'am.

ok.  no problem.  where do i give the key?

you have to go to this counter.

ooops, that's the concierge where my dad asked.  how come we were told to go down and now we have to go back up?

he radios the concierge then tells us the concierge gave such instructions because he thought my dad had a driver.  ooops, hahaha.

behind me was my niece, also driving for her mom.

our cars both turned back to the venue driveway where we both left our keys for valet-parking with the concierge.  we were teasing each other, you have to have a driver here.  we are out of league, haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment