getting what you want

i posted the following in facebook:

if you want something, then just go right off and tell me...
don't give me choices... i just might choose the one you don't want...


someone reacted saying the post stings.  ooops... it wasn't supposed to... it was just a matter-of-fact statement as far as i was concerned.  a tip, actually.  apparently it did not come across that way maybe because text lacks the intonation you have in voice.

anyway, the drift of the post is, don't ask me, for example, whether i want to have dinner because i might say no.  just tell me we'll have dinner and maybe i'll say ok.

if you give me options i just might end up opting for something contrary to what you are hoping for.  if you tell me straight this is what you want, then if it's something i can live with then maybe i'll go with it.

just maybe, ok.  just maybe... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment