cry-baby

i watched my second movie for the year last night. if i'm not mistaken, i saw only three movies the whole of last year. it's only january and i've already seen two. maybe there'll be more movies for me this year? we'll see...

last night's movie was Avatar. it was in 3D. my friends and i watched it on special la-z-boy-type seats. nice : )

i was perfectly fine practically the whole length of the movie, that is, until the last few minutes. nearing the end, tears suddenly welled in my eyes and started to flow. ugh! i'm probably the only viewer who cried in that movie. the lead undergoing transformation and turning his back on everything he was and everything he had to be with the one he loved touched me so.

i had a similar experience in the first movie i watched this year, I Love You, Goodbye. i was ok in the first part of the movie, that is, until the lead uttered the line, "Darating din ang lalaking magmamahal sa 'yo the way you deserve to be loved..." ooops, suddenly, my tear ducts opened sooo wide and there i was with tears, tears, tears. and the flow did not stop until the latter part of the movie. i used up not just my tissue but my best friend's as well, imagine! my eyes were swollen!

following day, my officemates noticed it and i explained i was crying for probably a good half of the movie. they were surprised. you have these ads on TV showing viewer reaction as they come out of the theater and they were saying they did not hear anyone say the movie was a tear-jerker. hmmm... i suppose it's really not. i was with a friend who cries easily and she did not really shed a lot of tears. mine, on the other hand, was really copious. this scene and that, this line and that, kept on piercing my heart : }

two movies so far, both have made me cry. i have just seen the trailer for Paano na Kaya. one line caught my attention, "Sana minsan makita mo rin ako... kasi ako, ang nakikita ko, ikaw lang. " ugh! this has the potential of opening another floodgate of tears. maybe i should steer clear of that movie.

my friends and i have agreed to watch Alice in Wonderland on Imax when it hits the theaters. the mad hatter, the cheshire cat... i wonder whether there's anything there that would again make me cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment