excused

i was out with someone last night.  one of the ultra-rare times i go out by myself with a guy.

then today i learn that my high school best friend's birthday celebration was held last night.  uh-oh.  he invited me to attend a week back but that time no time and date has been set yet.

i honestly did not know it was last night.  but even if i did, i'm afraid i would not have been able to make it.  i don't want to be cancelling, resetting or cutting short a prior appointment to give way to something more recent.  i try to keep my appointments.

i've long realized that you cannot attend every event you are invited to.  there is only so much time, there is only one you.  sometimes you really have to choose.

and last night i was lucky i didn't have to choose.  i didn't know about the conflict in sched.  fate smiled at me last night, it made the choice for me, a choice i myself would have picked...

No comments:

Post a Comment