angry me

yesterday, i was angrily recounting irresponsible actions by this fair-weather, absentee, long-distance species of a supposed top dog when the one i was talking to remarked, "galit na, nakangiti pa."  (mad but still smiling)

oooops... i've gotten that so many times before!  as in, there i'd be, boiling mad, and someone would point out that my tone is still so soft (c'mon!) and there still is a smile on my face.  ugh!  insane!

this quirk has almost cost me a leg, literally.  i was boarding the backseat of the car with my brother on the wheel and he thought i was already inside so he was going to drive on.  my left leg was actually still outside and it got caught under the tire.  i was yelling out, "bill, bill, naiipit paa ko." (you're squeezing my leg.)  still he was trying to drive on.  good thing he eventually stopped, not sure whether because of my pleas or because he thought there was something under the car.

there were tire marks from my ankle to the middle part of my leg.  fortunately, tires are round and the curve of the tire fit in to the angle of my leg.  my brother was telling me he did not realize my situation as he could still see me smiling from the mirror.  eh?!

i've even been told this quirk might have been contributory to the breakdown of my marriage.  (ouch!)  a friend of my mom's was telling me the hubby probably thought there was no issue as the magnitude of the things i was saying was not coming across given the tone of my voice.  my, my, my!

maybe when i'm mad, i should not express it face-to-face but rather just vent it out over the phone.  that way, the other party would not be confused by my facial expression.

but then i have this habit of starting a phone conversation with a greeting.  i'd commence with "good morning," "good afternoon," or "good evening" and then 'twill be followed by a rant, hahaha.  crazy!

maybe next time i should just vent out in e-mail...

No comments:

Post a Comment