complicating the simple


there is a supposed order to the taking of Holy Communion in the church where i attend mass.  communicants queue pew by pew, front to back, rightmost churchgoer to leftmost.  this is so to have a smooth traffic flow from the time people leave their seats to the time they go back.

well, this evening, the guy to my left, instead of going behind me at the queue, positioned himself in front of me.  then, maybe realizing his mistake and trying to make up somehow, stopped instead of going forward and let *each and every* person in our pew go ahead of him.  the result was that going back to our seats, i had to tread over each and every one of my kneeling seatmates until i reached my spot at the end of the pew...  : }

i dunno.  i was thinking the guy could so easily have corrected his mistake by moving behind me instead of letting everyone else go before him.

sometimes we make simple things complicated  ->  and wreak havoc on an otherwise orderly arrangement...

No comments:

Post a Comment