the joke was on me

this afternoon, this certain guy sent me more than 30 messages in a span of two-and-a-half hours...  (i was rejecting his calls)...  nope, it wasn't an exchange...  the messages were for the most part one-way...

i made the mistake of making a half-joke about something really serious and the guy pounced on it and would not drop it trying to wear down my resistance...   aaarrrgggghhhh!!!

i never expected things to turn out the way they did!  i simply humorously replied to a sweet and caring message, so unguardedly being totally honest and what do i get?  i was brought face-to-face with the abyss of my downfall!  i've been tethering on the brink for so long and i'd like to think (although i myself am not convinced at times) that i've so far managed not to fall off.  well, this afternoon i was soooooo close!

reminders:

-  some jokes are no laughing matter
-  some things are better left unsaid

No comments:

Post a Comment