junk

awakened by a voice calling out, 'bakal, bote, plastic...' ( ->  steel, bottles, plastic...)

for some reason, i got up and brought an empty 5-liter mineral water container to my balcony and asked the man below, 'manong, do you buy this?'

he said yes, fifty centavos.

hahaha...  ok.  i told him i'm going to bring down some stuff.

i gathered my empty mineral water bottles and placed them inside this plastic pail that i love but broke when it fell from my sink...  : (

guess what, manong gave me five pesos!  oh!  i had mixed feelings receiving the money.  on one hand, i was so happy seemingly worthless junk like that could cost five pesos.  on the other, my heart sank a bit thinking this pail i love i bought for how many hundred pesos is not even worth five pesos now.  i wanted to tell manong he could have my stuff for free but i was afraid he'd feel insulted.  plus, i go by the saying, 'don't give a man fish, teach him how to fish.'

i kept the money and initially i thought of adding it to what i'm giving at church collection later.  then i told myself maybe i'd just give it as alms to the first beggar i'd meet.  then i turned selfish (yuck!) and thought i'd like to get something memorable for it.  hahaha...  something special for five pesos, i wonder what it could be...

anyway,

3 5-liter mineral water containers:  P1.50
4 small mineral water containers, 1 broken plastic dipper, 1 broken plastic pail:  P3.50
clearing my sink:  priceless

; )

No comments:

Post a Comment