off the hook

i wasn't sure whether i should turn right or go straight when suddenly the light turned red.  i had to stop in an awkward position.

a traffic enforcer walked over and asked for my license.  he said he was going to issue me a ticket for obstructing traffic.

i gave him my license then i started apologizing and begging and pleading over and over and over again.  the officer would not budge.  he said he has to issue me a ticket.  he showed me the licenses he has confiscated and told me it would be unfair if he let me off the hook.

apologize, apologize, apologize.  plead, plead, plead.  beg, beg, beg.  no avail.  the officer was firm.

aw!  so be it.  i just resigned myself to getting a ticket.

guess what, when i stopped pleading that's when the officer gave me back my license!  as in, he didn't issue me a ticket and just told me to be careful next time.

whoa!  what on earth was that?!


whatever, i am thankful...  whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment