not needed but wanted

friend:  'who's going with you?'

me:  'no one...  just me...'

friend:  'you'll be alone?!'

me:  'yes... this is my fifth time already...'

friend:  'where is that?'

me:  'almeria...  plane to tacloban then 4 hours by land to get to the place...'

friend:  'i remember you've mentioned that to me before...'

me:  'yup...  i go there once a year...  this is my fifth now...'

friend:  'why do you go there?'

me:  'to visit my <second mom>...  she was the one who took care of us since i was a baby...  she retired in 2009 and i've been visiting her since...'

friend:  'and how did you go the first time?'

me:  'i was also by myself...  i just asked around...  remember when we were at <place> and i was telling you i can manage?  i was just thinking i lived alone for 4 years...  i went to almeria by myself and i didn't even know the place...  i can handle manila...  but of course i am thankful you accompanied me...'

just because i can go it alone does not mean i want to go it alone.  it's definitely nicer to have someone with you.  i'm no damsel in distress but i still want my knight...  :")

No comments:

Post a Comment