meant to be

someone was going to give me leche flan (a MAJOR fave) on condition that i pick it up...  twice i was supposed to...  twice i was unable to...  guess what, the giver had it delivered to my place!  whoa!  i was thinking i was going to forfeit it already...  :'(

that's how it usually is, right?  you don't claim your prize, you forfeit it...  this one is not even a prize...  i did not join any contest...  i did not do anything special...  all i did was mention in facebook that i like leche flan...  lo and behold, someone was gonna give me leche flan!!!  : D

this morning i was awakened by a text message asking about my house number...  i though it was missent so i went back to sleep...  well, later my phone rang...  the leche flan was on its way!  the one who was going to deliver it was already in our street...  whaaattt???!!!  rush out of the house in the big shirt i slept in i did and looked for the courier...  nada...  : }

i walked to the corner...  uhm, a busy road where all sorts of vehicles, private and public, pass...  i looked around and glanced about and expectantly checked out passers-by...  well, they also checked me out...  biiigggg, loose man's shirt (given by someone that i used to love <3<3<3), just-tumbled-out-of-bed-hair, arms across my chest as, uhm, i wasn't really dressed for wandering out of the house...  : }

' turns out the courier got lost...  she was trying to find me on the opposite street...  i was standing in the corner and someone crossed and looked at me and asked whether i know any 'cynthia'...  ei, 'tis i!

she said an acquaintance of hers was looking for me and she's on the opposite street...

uh-oh...  i can't go that far as i'm still in my sleepwear...

guess what, the kind soul spotted the courier from quite afar, waved and waved and even crossed the street again to meet her...  the two then approached me and i was finally handed the leche flan...  i was sooo happy...  i was sooo thankful...  : )

the childhood reminder 'don't accept candy from strangers' actually crossed my mind...  but i was thinking, i got a message...  i received a call...  i heard the voice of someone i know...  i'm not really accepting 'candy' with reckless abandon...  (hahaha...  the justifications you make for something you like...)

anyway, the leche flan was really good...  for a while there i was worried the giver might have used jackfruit...  i don't like jackfruit...  : }

well, she did not!  : D

i've had countless leche flans and her version was definitely to my liking...  on top of that, it was free and home-delivered!  such a blessing...  : )

i was thinking, it was originally being given to me on a certain condition, i.e., i pick it up...  i wasn't able to fulfill the condition yet the sweet still ended up with me...  i thought i had lost it, still i got it...  hmmm...  'if it's meant to be, it's gonna be...'

no matter what, no matter where, if it's for you, 'twill get to you...  most sweetly applicable to love...  <3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment