terms of endearment

friend:  'what if i call you maria?'

me:  'that's ok...  <toot1> calls me maria...'

friend:  'really?'

me:  'yup...'

friend:  'how 'bout <toot2>?'

me:  'cynths...'

friend:  'and <toot3>?'

me:  'babe...'

friend:  'before that?'

me:  'what do you mean?'

friend:  'it wasn't babe right away, was it?  what did he call you before babe?'

me:  'cynthia...'

friend:  'how 'bout <toot4>?  what does <toot4> call you?'

me:  'haha...  <softdrink brand>...'

friend:  'what???'

me:  '<softdrink brand>!  well, sometimes 'dear'...  but he calls everyone 'dear'...  <softdrink brand>, it's just me...'

friend:  '<softdrink brand>?!  why?!'

well, the first time he asked me out, i really didn't want to go.  hmmm...  make that, initially i didn't want to.  but then he was so amusingly insistent / persistent eventually i felt like i wanted to.  i didn't think i should, however, so i still kept on declining.  in the middle of our invitation-rejection exchange, a friend called.  i told her about this guy and she told me to accept the invitation provided i make sure i don't take any drinks that would have to be prepared on site.  she said i should order only sealed drinks that i would have to open myself, for example, drinks in can.  huh?!  hahaha.  i told the guy about the requirement and he was fine with it and so go out to lunch with him i did.  after that, he's been calling me <softdrink brand>...

; )

No comments:

Post a Comment