dig deeper

an aunt who has a good singing voice dropped by the house...

me:  'auntie, you know 'halo'?'

aunt:  'beyonce's?  [aunt hums the song]...'

me:  'yes...  the next time we get together, sing it, please...'

aunt:  'oh...  i don't really know the story of that song...  i like the one by bruno mars...'

me:  ''when i was your man'?'

aunt:  'yes...'

me:  'that's not a woman's song...  'halo' is...'

aunt:  'i don't sing that...  that's a contest song...'

me:  'it's a contest song?!  the notes don't seem that high...'

aunt:  'yes...  but there are so many curls...  i won't be able to sing it...'

me:  'really?!  how come i can?'

aunt:  'yes, you can...  the question is, do you sing it well?  will we be happy listening to you?'

nyahaha...  toinks!!!  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment