buyer vs. seller

last month, someone asked me a favor.  she wanted to buy a phone and she wanted it charged on installment to my credit card.

ok.

she was the one who chose the phone (like mine and my sister's).  i was the one who bought it in the store.

now the phone is so unlike her old one.  the new one is qwerty.  it is android.  it is touch.

guess what, two days into having the phone, she thought it was defective and bugged me.  so the following weekend, go back to the store we did.  well, ' turns out there's nothing wrong with the phone.  it simply wasn't 'behaving' the way her old phone did...  : }

from the start, i told her my phone battery lasts only a little over a day.

she had said then it's ok.

well, for over a month now, she's been intermittently bringing up the battery.  she keeps on comparing it to the much longer life of her old phone's battery.  i always tell her my phone battery also actually doesn't last for days especially when i do mobile web.  well, this morning i received a text message from her asking whether the battery is not defective.

ugh!

note to self:

next time, decline anyone who requests to buy a gadget through your card.  there is the possibility of lines being blurred and you being viewed not just as a mere buyer but an actual supplier expected to render after-sales support on the gadget.

sorry but i've long decided i would choose my battles and exercise my options.

No comments:

Post a Comment