lingering goodbye

night out with fam...

eat, eat, eat...  talk, talk, talk...  laugh, laugh, laugh...  eat, talk, laugh...  eat, talk, laugh...

and then, 'let's go!'

me:  'you're leaving, auntie?'

aunt:  'yes...'

me:  'wait...  i have something for you in the car...  i'll just get it...'

aunt:  'where are you parked?'

me:  'just there...  on the second floor...'

aunt:  'you can give it next time...'

me:  'you'll still be saying goodbyes, right?'

aunt:  'yes...'

me:  'ok...  i'll give it now...  i'll just get it...'

aunt:  'we'll wait for you?'

me:  'yes...'

so i went up to the car and got my gift...

when i got back, the group was still animatedly talking and laughing and talking and laughing...  it still took a whiiiillllleeee before the group went up to leave...  and it took another loooong while before the goodbye kisses were done...

me:  'see, auntie...  i knew the goodbyes will take long...'

another aunt chuckles:  'how did you know?'

me:  'i've been with this family since birth...  i should know by now...'

; )

No comments:

Post a Comment