anywhere, everywhere

this morning, i was someplace i go to regularly but not really often...  whenever i am there, i make it a point to drop by the church...  well, this morning, parking was full...  i circled the compound and saw a row of vacant parking slots  ->  reserved for certain personnel though...

i drove close to the guard and requested to park just a very short while.  i said i'll just say a prayer in the church then leave.

the guard declined.

i tried again:  'just one Our Father and then i'll go...'

no.

me:  'ok...  just a sign of the cross and then i'll leave.'

still a no.  but the guard directed me, with a smile, to a small side road.  he said i could park there.

me:  'aren't they gonna tow me there?  i've been tire-locked here before...'

the guard assured me it's ok.

i parked, ran to the church, said a short prayer then drove off.  i just continued my prayer at home.  the venue is immaterial anyway.  God is omnipresent.

No comments:

Post a Comment