sizes and prices

my mom likes to give me clothes on my birthday...  almost always, they are too small...  : }

year after year, i tell her i'm not a Medium and year after year she tells me Large is too big and that Medium seems just right.  year after year i fit her Medium and year after year i end up going to the store to have her gift exchanged for sometimes not just a Large but even an XL (yup, i may not look it but clothes-wise i'm an L, XL hereabouts).

this year she overdid herself, wahaha.  she gave me a Small!

me:  'mom, i won't even fit in Medium and you're giving me a Small?'

mom:  'you're smaller now...  that would fit...  try it...'

ta-daannn!  it was tight...  : }

instead of making me bring them back to the store, she took it back and said she'll just give me something else.

me:  'thanks, mom, but don't bother...  it's the thought that counts...  it's enough that i know you thought of giving me a gift...  i don't really have to have the gift...'

i thought that was agreed.

well, last week she gave me a belated / replacement gift!  two pairs of shorts this time.  guess what, they would not even get past my, uhm, butt...  : }

so again i was at the store checking out a bigger size for exchange.  the saleslady was giving me the next bigger size and the next bigger size and the next bigger size.  finally something seemed a close fit, not quite yet but almost.

me:  'there!  this is close...  what size is this?'

saleslady:  '6, ma'am...'

me:  'oh...  what size is the one i'm returning?'

saleslady:  '1, ma'am...'

me:  '1?!  my mom saw me as a 1 and here i am even bigger than a 6?!'

saleslady:  'maybe she sees you as still a baby, ma'am...'

oh!  hehe...

anyway, i wanted something a little loose and the next size was out of stock so i had to get some other replacement.

today, i was telling my mom i was able to get four items for the two pairs of shorts she gave me.  yes, four for two!  a pair of shorts, two tank tops and a long sleeved shirt.

she looks at me funny.

nyahaha...  i am cheap...  ;"p

No comments:

Post a Comment