do justice

when we were younger, my sister and i had songs, with matching choreography, we'd sing and mime to at my behest, hahaha.  i being the eldest and she being the youngest, she somehow just went with whatever big sister told her to do (not anymore, <sigh>).

the first and most notable of our songs was 'i'll never get over you getting over me'...

♩ ♪  as long as the stars shine down from the heavens
long as the rivers run to the sea
i'll never get over you getting over me  ♫ ♬

there were others...  'making love out of nothing at all,'

♩ ♪  making love out of nothing at all
out of nothing at all, out of nothing at all
out of nothing at all, out of nothing at all
out of nothing at all
making love out of nothing at all  ♫ ♬

the crying game,

♩ ♪  one day soon
i'm gonna tell the moon
about the crying game  ♫ ♬

we haven't had a new song in years.  i'd excitedly suggest one every once in a while but she's always not keen on the song so it just goes pfft.

anyway, this evening i told her, 'let 'flashlight' be our new song...'

sister:  'i don't know that song...'

me:  '♩ ♪  i got all i need when i got you and i
i look around me and see a sweet life  ♫ ♬'

sister:  'i don't like it...'

me:  'you don't like it?  it's like the song of the moment...  you hear it everywhere...

♩ ♪  kick-start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
can't lie, it's a sweet life
stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
you're getting me, getting me through the night  ♫ ♬'

sister:  'maybe if it's a real singer singing i'll be able to appreciate it...'

ouch!  :"}

No comments:

Post a Comment