give it time

i usually wear big night shirts or tanks tops of cotton material to sleep but now i'm wearing this short shorts and spaghetti-strap satin top and my mom tells me it's nice and sexy (haha...  mom?!)...

me:  'this came from you...'

mom:  'from me???'

me:  'yes...  you got it from the box then you gave it to me...'

mom:  'i don't remember...'

haha...  nothing new...

i have an aunt who sends boxes from the U.S. with both used and new stuff inside.  my mom and another aunt open the boxes together and they get first dibs on the items.  every once in a while, my mom would see something that she thinks would suit me.

sometimes i like it.  sometimes i don't.

whenever i don't, my mom would try to sway me saying it's really nice, it would fit me well, it would look good on me, <blah-blah-blah>.

my no would remain a no.  (at my age, my taste in clothes is already pretty much set.  i like plain and muted tones.  if you see me wearing something bold and colorful, it's most likely something i did not choose myself.)

my mom, however, would still get the item saying i might change my mind later.  (hope springs eternal...  ; ) )

then months would pass and she'd see the dress i didn't take home (i really have clothes at my parents' house).  forgetting she was the one who got it, she'd tell me:  'you don't wear this...  why don't you give it away?'

me:  'okay, give it away...'

she's happy...  i'm happy...  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment