keep it or lose it

friend asks whether i've checked his message...

me: 'no...'

friend: 'check it...'

me: 'i don't wanna go back to that anymore...'

friend: 'how would we know if it's correct or not if you don't check?'

me: 'i don't care if it's correct or not...  i told you i don't wanna think about it anymore...'

friend: 'but why?'

me: 'it irked me!  i've told you three times, you still kept on asking me.  you wouldn't remember.  if it's not important to you, why should i make it important to me?'

friend: 'it's not that it's not important to me...'

me: 'then why did you ask repeatedly?  i've told you several times...  verbally, on facebook, in text...  you wouldn't even bother to scroll back...  now you're asking me to check?  you shouldn't require people to do what you yourself are not willing to do...'

friend: 'hey, i checked!'

me: 'only after i refused to do it myself when you asked for the nth time...'

friend: 'okay, okay...  but please check now so i would know whether i missed something...'

me: 'i don't wanna waste time on that anymore.  i've put it behind me.  my life is simple. i try to stay away from things that annoy me. if something irritates me, i ask myself, 'can i take this out of my life?'  if yes, then i take it out.  if no, then i put up with it.  simple.'

friend chuckles:  'is that also what you applied to <toot>?'

me:  'haha...  yes...  some people complicate things because they don't even consider their options.  me, i exercise my options.  if you annoy me and i have an option not to put up with you, i stay away from you.'

\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment