over and over

dad asked me to type something...

dad:  'make the letters small...  really small...'

ok...  i used size 10 font then left the printout for him...

dad calls me back...  'what's the next bigger size?'

me:  'that's 10...  next is 11...'

dad:  'make it 11...'

ok...  again i leave the printed copy for him...

again he calls me back:  'this is 11, right?  could you make it 12?'

me:  '12 or you want me to make it 15?'

dad:  'no...  just 12...'

me:  'maybe i should print you different size test fonts first so you could see how big they are before i edit the doc...'

dad:  'no...  just print this in 12...'

well, if you want to keep the peace you just do as my dad says, wahaha...  i print the doc in size 12...

dad:  'this is 12?'

me:  'yes...  you want it 13?'

dad:  'no...  make it 14...'

me:  '14 or 15?'

dad:  'just 14...'

ok...  again, i edit and print the doc (color printing!  \m/)...

dad sees it then goes, 'okay...  this is fine...  thank you...'

yay!

yearsss back (yup, i haven't forgotten!  wordstar days, waaahhh!), my dad was still not quite satisfied with the version he had but settled nonetheless, wahehe...

so he asked me to type something...  the doc was short...  i can't recall anymore how many pages but i do remember he wanted 30 copies...

i wanted to print just one copy first in case he wants to modify (which so far has ALWAYS been the case) but he was insistent that was already the final version and he wanted a final printout, meaning printed in high-quality...

okay...  first batch of 30 copies...

he reads...  he wants something changed (ahahaha...  i knew it!)...

i edit and give him just one copy printed draft quality in case he again wants some changes...

dad was irked and insisted i give him a final printout, i.e., 30 copies, high-quality...

okay...  okay...  i re-print 30 copies in high quality...

again he reads...  again he wants something changed...

again i edit and again i print 30 copies in high-quality...

again he wants some changes and again i edit and print...

this went on and on and on until <drumroll>... the printer ran out of ink!  wahahaha...

my dad still wanted some edits but when i told him i'll have to buy a new ribbon first (yiiieee!!!  dot matrix days) as the ink has ran out, he suddenly settled for the last printout...

over...  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment