revelation

friend: 'you remember <schoolmate>?'

me: 'yes...'

friend: 'could you imagine he's a <very high-ranking government official> now...'

me: 'yeah... i was surprised when i first saw him on tv...'

friend: 'do you know that he flirted with me in college?'

me: 'he did?!'

friend: 'yes... he was even sort of conveying that he wanted to go to the house...'

me: 'oh, wow... do you know that he said 'i love you' to me in college? he even wrote me a letter...'

friend: 'really? well, he didn't say 'i love you' to me... it was just flirting...'

me: 'even then... you and i were always together in college... he liked us both?! was he doing things simultaneously??? good thing we didn't fall otherwise we'd be sharing a boyfriend and then we won't be friends anymore...'

friend: 'so the guy is like that?'

me: 'i can't believe i learned about this just now... after 20 years! i wonder what other things in the past i'd discover 20 years later..."

: }

No comments:

Post a Comment