it's just cake

cake...

sister:  'you finish that...'

me:  'i'm full...  why don't you finish it?'

sister:  'i'm full, too...'

<silence>

sister:  'don't tell me we're still going to put that in the ref...'

me:  'if no one's gonna eat...'

sister:  'it won't anymore taste as good tomorrow...  why don't we just eat half each?'

me:  'ok...'

sister makes an uneven slice...  one's bigger than the other...

me:  'you get the bigger one...'

sister:  'i'm bigger than you, you get the bigger slice...'

me:  'you're bigger so you should get the bigger one...'

sister:  'you're thinner so you should eat more...'

me:  'i'm not thin!'

sister:  'but you're slimmer than me...'

me:  'you know what they do?  the one who cuts is not supposed to choose a slice first...'

sister:  'well, i'm youngest so i get to choose...'

me:  'you know marginal utility in econ?  when we were eating cake initially, we were very happy, our marginal utility was high...  as we were eating more cake, the marginal utility was diminishing...  we were still happy but not as much as the first bite...  look now, we're already forcing ourself to eat cake...  we're not happy anymore...  you should find your maximum utility and stop there...'

No comments:

Post a Comment