the nerve

someone living in a house situated on a street, earlier appropriated as a personal, gated and roofed garage and later on replaced with a concrete house was asking me if it's okay with me if they park beneath our balcony (our balcony is within the perimeter of our property) effectively blocking recessed gates to our garage...

me, incredulous:  'you're really asking that?'

girl nods...

me:  'you're really asking?!'

girl looks at me as if wondering why i'm asking why she's asking...

me, pointing to parts of our lot on which we did not build a structure:  'we've given that, this, all the way to the side for you...  that's still not enough?!'

girl just looks at me...

me:  'ours is personal property...  yours is supposed to be public...'

girl just looks at me...

me:  'why don't you park in your garage?'

girl:  'it's hot...'

me:  'put a roof!  you've roofed the street before...  roof it again!'

girl:  'your vehicles are not there anyway...'

me:  'so everytime we arrive we'll call you?'

girl:  'i won't leave the car until 5...  4 p.m. i'll move it already...'

me:  'not all of us are 8 to 5...  we come and go at different times...  do i have to tell you whenever i have to go out?'

girl:  'not really...'

me:  'so if we arrive and you're not there...?'

girl:  'i'm easy to call...  just knock and i come out right away...'

me:  'when i knocked on your door before it took a while before you came out...  had i been alone i would not have bothered anymore...  but i was with, i can't recall anymore whether my aunts or a balikbayan guest, we really had to leave so i kept on knocking...'

girl:  'maybe i was in the CR...'

me:  'so what if you're in the CR again?'

girl:  'i'm just asking if it's okay with you...'

me:  'wow!  you're really asking?  are you serious?'

girl just looks at me...

me:  'we've given you an arm you still want a leg...  isn't that abuse already?'

girl:  'to me it's not abuse...'

me:  'oh, wow!  what's your threshold level for abuse?  must be over the top...  that part of the street could have been our communal parking...  it was appropriated as a garage later on replaced by a house, for rent!  now you don't even want to park in your garage and still want to extend?!'

girl:  'your vehicles leave anyway...'

wow!  wow!  wow!  why don't you go sleep on my bed as well whenever i leave the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment