believe in yourself

i was submitting documents to this agency and i made sure certain docs were in duplicate so i would have a receiving copy.  (after having been asked to re-submit practically everything i've already filed with them before, i wanted a record that this and that document was actually already with them.)

so i put each duplicate after the original and submitted the bunch to the reviewer / receiver saying there were more than the required copies as i wanted receiving copies.

the receiver said she's going to go over the documents first.

ok.

she checked this and that and this and that and that and that and that.

they were ok and i was given back a set of documents for my copy.  my request to have the documents stamped individually was declined though.  it's just the update form that was stamped received.

hmmm...  ok.

i went over the set given me and noticed that two important documents were missing.  i therefore asked for the duplicates saying i don't have any copy of those.

the recipient said she kept just one each.

i said i submitted in two's, the second supposedly my receiving copy.

the receiver checked.  she said there's just one.

really?  where did the dups go?

the receiver said she doesn't know reminding me she went over the documents in front of me.

true.  and i saw the duplicates there even telling her they were my receiving copy.

the receiver said i should check my stuff.

oh!  maybe the docs jumped inside my bag, hehe.

ok.  i went outside and checked my big bag.

nada.

i went back and asked whether she could check again sending a message to the universe that i hope she's going to be fine with it.  yay! she was!  she checked again and told me there's really no second copy.

really???  where could they be???  they couldn't have been left with the photocopier as i am sure i attached them to the originals.  i again went out to re-check my stuff.  really not there.

i went back in and asked whether i could just take a picture of the docs with missing duplicates so i would, at least, have a copy.

ok.  she then handed me photocopies.

me:  'huh?!  where are the originals?'

receiver:  'that's what you submitted to me...'

me:  'i submitted both the original and a photocopy...'

she said those are the only ones i gave her.

what???!!!  it's the originals that are missing?!

i again asked her to re-check.  again she told me those are really all i submitted.

whoa!  twilight zone.

i therefore just took pictures of the photocopies then again went out to go home.  i could not get myself to leave, however, as i could not for the life of me understand how the documents, originals at that, could so suddenly just disappear.

for the third time, i checked my stuff.  really not there.

i went back in again.  (wahaha...  never say die.)  i asked whether i could check myself.

she let me.

ta-daaan!  right in front of her and in the presence of this other guy, i easily found the documents in the less than 50-page bunch...  : D

gee...  sometimes you really have to do things yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment