make it double

so i've been regularly filing these docs but this agency's system shows that i have open cases (hahaha...  no, not court cases.  a 'case' in this case is really just a record in the system that you have failed to file certain documents within deadline.)

me, after showing proofs of filing:  'so how do these cases get closed?'

staff:  'if you know somebody from <the agency>...'

me:  'huh?!  i know so many!  but i don't want to use connections...  i want to go through the regular process...  i want to see how you really do it on the ground...  assuming i don't know anyone, what do you do to close these?'

staff:  'we have them data fixed...'

me:  'data fix?!'

staff:  'actually we're already strict about data fixes so if you really want to have them closed you have to write to the <boss>...'

me:  'who's the <boss>?'

staff says the <boss>'s name...

me:  'oh!  <her>!  is she here?'

staff:  'yes...  you want to talk to her?'

me:  'sure...  but is that part of the regular process?  do the others talk to her, too?'

staff:  'yes...  you show her your docs...  she will scrutinize them...'

me:  'wow!  the <boss> really personally checks all these?'

staff:  'yes...  she really looks at them...'

me:  'shouldn't that be the staff?  she has more important use for her time...'

staff:  'we're strict about data fixes now...  she's wary when she sees that cases have been open for a long time...'

me:  'yeah!  but could also be because no payment docs are not an encoding priority...'

staff:  'it's not about payment...'

me:  'really?  so why do the cases remain open for years?  could you imagine i've submitted these before and now i have to resubmit them again?'

staff:  'you're not the first person to say that...  i was just talking to others and they say the same thing...'

me:  'most likely...  you file on time and still cases are generated and remain open for so long...  why?'

staff:  'that's also the question of the <boss>...  that's why she disallows data fix...'

me:  'and the cases will just remain open?'

staff:  'well, we tell the person to just re-file and pay penalties...'

whaaaatttt???!!!

isn't that adding injury to injury?!  aaarrrggghhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment