out with the new

my mom slipped in the bathroom and broke her arm.  she underwent an operation wherein metal plates were used to connect the bones together and now she wears a sling to support her arm while it heals.

last week my sister told me my mom wanted to hear mass at a new timeslot.

huh?!  why?  we've been attending the same mass from as far back as i can remember.

my sister said my mom wants the new time so there would be fewer people in attendance.

oh!  ok.  i therefore accompanied her on the new sched.

this morning my sister was telling me my mom wants to hear mass at our usual timeslot.

eh?

i told my sister i'm fine with going to mass twice.  (last week i attended our usual plus my mom's new preference.)

my sister said my mom doesn't want the new sched anymore.

oh?  hmmm...  i think i know why.

1.  there were so many more attendees in the other mass.

2.  she bumped into people she knew.  first was a goddaughter who approached her right after the mass.  second was an acquaintance who saw us as we were about to leave.  both greeted her with a, 'what happened to you?!'

hehe...  my mom was trying to stay under the radar and instead bumped into people she does not really normally see.

sometimes life plays tricks on you...  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment