a ripple of kindness

paying for my purchase at the cashier...  another customer comes up and realizes her money is short by five pesos.

me to cashier:  'just add the P5 to my bill...'

customer:  'awww...  that is so embarrassing...'

me:  'it's okay...  just pay it forward...'

customer:  'i'm so embarrassed...  actually, my mom is there...  i could go out and ask her for P5...'

me:  'oh, don't bother...  just pay it forward...  you see a beggar just give him your P5...'

the girl was so thankful...

guess what though, as i was about to sign my charge slip i saw that the cashier did not add the P5.

me:  'you didn't add the P5!'

cashier:  'it's okay, ma'am...'

me:  'who's going to shoulder it if you don't charge it to me?  wait, does it have to be cash?  i don't have cash here but i have in the car...'

cashier:  'never mind, ma'am...'

me:  'will they make you pay?'

cashier:  'my manager said it's okay, ma'am...'

me:  'oh...  you're so kind...  thank you...'

let's spread the love...  <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment