memory

i was on my way to run errands for my sister when my mom suddenly thought of adding her own:  'what would be nice to bring?'

me:  'what do they like to eat?'

mom:  'hmmm...'

me:  'she gives ensaymada so it shouldn't be ensaymada...  how 'bout donuts?  J.Co...'

mom:  'i'll be seeing <friend>, too, so also the dark chocolate...'

me:  'malagos?  you want the highest concentration?'

mom:  'not too much...'

me:  'ok...  maybe just the 65...'

so i completed what i was scheduled to do for my sister then i went home...  ugh!  i totally forgot about the errands for my mom!  i normally have a list and i set alarms to counter forgetfulness but these last-minute errands i wasn't able to add.

between mother and sister, the former definitely ranks higher.  i can imagine myself telling my sister i wasn't able to attend to her concern because i attended to our mom's.  i'm not quite comfortable, however, telling my mom i wasn't able to fulfill her request because i attended to my sister's.  but come to think of it, i could tell either i wasn't able to do something because i forgot.  at my age, that is understandable...  ;")

No comments:

Post a Comment